ad

Cigarette to blame for huge gorse blaze near Llangollen

Published date: 17 March 2017 |
Published by: Staff reporter
Read more articles by Staff reporter Email reporter


 

A huge gorse and bracken fire near Llangollen was caused by a discarded cigarette.

Firefighters spent more than three-and-a-half hours tackling the two hectare blaze along the Panorama at Trevor on Wednesday evening.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service was called at 7.35pm and crews from Wrexham, Chirk, Llangollen and Buckley used two hosereel jets and 12 beaters to put out the fire.

Firefighters left the scene shortly after 11pm and a team returned yesterday to examine the site.

A North Wales Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the fire was caused by “carelessly discarded smoking materials”.

  • See full story in the Leader

For more news from across the region visit newsnorthwales.co.uk

You must be a registered user to leave a comment. Register or login here.

 

Featured Businesses

View all adverts